Ella Spira’s first website was created from a ‘do-it-yourself’ template and it was a mess. I was brought in to redesign the site and also rethink the content, and how it was ordered and displayed.
I kept a lot of Ella’s original elements (white text on a dark background, some blue colour used) as she clearly had a preference for them and wanted to see what I could do with them.
I decided to simplify the menu and keep all the disparate work on display under the group button, ‘Projects’ (originally every page had its own menu button which made the site hard to navigate). To make sure these were not hidden away I put the four main projects she wanted to display on the front page as well.